Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day

The rain did not go away. But we had fun anyway. It rained off and on, but we had yard olympics and people played ladder ball, horseshoes and cornhole in between rainshowers and later in the rain. It was fun. Chris set up tents on the back deck so you could sit at the table without getting wet. We still got to grill out and everyone seemed to enjoy themselves. It was disappointing to not get to use the pool, but there is always another day.

Since some people chilled inside we watched the Braves game and the rain delay on the race. It was fun to catch up with people we hadn't seen in awhile. And there was sooooo much food. I don't think I need to eat this entire week! So, another successful party in my book. And, everything was cleaned up before I went to bed, so no worry the next morning. Amazing what you can get done when you are sober. This was the first year I didn't drink so I was actually productive.

And, you know you are getting older when one of your friends takes out the trash and another asks where the broom is to sweep up grass clippings that have been dragged in. I just had to laugh. Good times.

Yesterday was actually Memorial Day and our friend Erik's birthday. The sun finally decided to come out around 4 so we headed out to the farm in Monroe to do some fishing. Erik, Chris and Jeremiah caught a few and Caroline and I sat on the dock and chatted all afternoon. Jeremiah left to meet his wife for dinner and we went to Chili's with the Neikirk's. It was lots of fun. So all in all, a great weekend. Now I am off to work for the last day until fall, and my last day at my current school. I will not be wearing mascara, because I am sure Iwill cry at some point in the day.

2 comments:

  1. It was SO fun! Thanks for having us. BTW- Chad's feet are dyed brown from his wet leather shoes:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad to finally become an avid (and I mean "avid" in the "I will check this site daily") reader of the Kennedy blog... it is hysterical, just like you! :) MUAH.

    ReplyDelete