Monday, June 8, 2009

Ready to Relax...Finally

I am freshly back from my trip to France, which can only be summed up by the word phenominal! So much to do and see and great memories with my sister. We stayed pretty close to the Eiffel Tower and we walked almost everywhere. These pregnant feet were pretty swollen when I got back on Friday. But it was sooooo worth it.

For the last couple of days I have just taken it easy. Aside from a great lunch/pedicure/pool date with Caroline on Saturday, some errands, and a trip to the farm with the dogs this afternoon I have pretty much just chilled at my house. And it has been wonderful! I didn't realize how hectic the last six weeks have been. There was the big push to the end of the school year, packing up my classroom, finding out we are having a girl, and then packing and going off to France. I realized I have had little to no down time for awhile. Now I know, I went to France, so I can't complain, but everyone knows how exhausting travel can be.

So, needless to say, the fact that my wonderful man and I are about to just sit and watch a movie is a pretty exciting prospect. Especially since Netflix sent us this movie 2 months ago and we have not had time to watch it. Don't get me wrong, there is plenty we should be doing, like working on the nursery, but I say it is time for a break.

Chris did do a lot of work on the nursery while I was gone. He put up bead board and chair railing and put in a new baseboard. It looks great. And yesterday he painted the top of the wall a color called Sagey. It is wonderful. So, with our Anniversary being on Thursday, we hope to have everything painted so that we can go pick out our furniture as our present to each other.

So, here is to a night of relaxation, before pushing ahead to get the nursery completed. I am ready to relax. FINALLY!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Cheers to you and your wonderful hubby relaxing to a movie- hope it was better than tutti frutti!

    ReplyDelete