Wednesday, May 20, 2009

So tomorrow we find out if this baby is a boy or a girl. I am really excited, but kind of scared that we will be those people whose baby has its legs crossed so you can't tell anything. That would be just my luck.

Anyway, I feel like 2:00 tomorrow is forever away. And, I have a list of about 12 million people that I have to notify as soon as I leave the doctors office. I have never been one for mass texts, but his may be one such situation where it may have to happen. Although, there are people on the list who I would rather they hear it from me than read it on their phone.

Today was the last day for our students. We spent half the day watching Animal Farm. What a bizarre movie. Then we had the eighth grade slide show and off they went to Connections. I have never seen 8th graders cry so much! You would have thought that someone had died, or at least lost an appendage, but no. They were just sad that they won't see each other again until August. I mean, it was surreal. These kids who act all tough all year were sobbing and hugging. Five years of teaching, and I don't think I have ever seen that many tears. Maybe not even in the other four years combined. Insane. Needless to say, they pulled themselves together and off they went. Hope they have a wonderful summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment