Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Trade Up Is Worth It

Tonight I decided that I was going to take a bath. This doesn't seem like something that is worth mentioning, except that it is not such a simple task these days. No, I don't mean that it is hard to bathe. I shower daily, actually. It's just that Kate has decided that she needs to throw a fit every time I find something I want to do.

So, I run the tub. Fill it with bubbles. Climb in and release a sigh of relief. And then.........waaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!! Screaming and crying like if you didn't know any better you would think we were beating her. In fact, tonight she cried so hard that she had her first actual tears.

So I climb out of the tub. Dried off. And then did everything I could to stop her crying. Turns out she was hungry. Again.

But as stated in the title. She is worth it. But today, for one moment, I missed the ability to take an uninterrupted bath.

Ahhh....... sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment