Monday, October 26, 2009

Guess Who Came A Knockin'

OK. So I am not one to post more than one blog on the same day, but I feel this is an exception.

Last week I was sitting here while Kate took a nap and there was a tap, tap tappin on the front door. I answered, wondering who could be here in the middle of the day, only to discover that it was two delightfully polite women representing the Jehovah's Witnesses. OK. I have nothing against what they do, or what they believe, but I do not want to sit and discuss it with them for hours in my family room. But, they were, as aforementioned, very polite and they asked if they could leave me some literature and come back some other time to discuss it.

Well, I forgot that in my haste to get them to leave my front stoop, I nodded yes in polite agreement. So today, when I was getting ready to drift off into a peaceful slumber on my couch, I heard a light knocking on the door. Just like last week, I answered, wondering who could be here in the middle of the day, and much to my dismay, it was those two wonderfully polite women inquiring as to whether I had read their literature and if now was a good time to chat. It was not a good time.

So now I have an "appointment" for them to come back on Thursday. I do not want to meet with them, but they were so nice I just couldn't say no. So now, on Thursday, when they come rapping on my door, I will sit hunched on the couch, pretending I am not home, feeling guilty for being so rude as to tell them they could come back and then ignoring them. Is that bad?

2 comments:

  1. Jeanine... I have tears coming down my face! This just made my day, you are soooo funny and much more patient than I. You gotta do what you gotta do my friend :) Sorry for your interesting dilema there. Please let us all know how Thursday goes for you :) Thank you for the early AM laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you have 2 positive karma points and soon to be 1 negative. In all fairness, I think you're doing well. Still ahead.

    - Kristin

    ReplyDelete