Monday, September 21, 2009

Patience....a quality I lack apparently.

So, this morning my wonderful Mother-In-Law called to check on me and see how I am feeling. I think she, like everyone else in this family, would really like for Kate to be here, and is maybe hoping that one of these days my answer will be something other than, "I feel fine. Just ready." So in our conversation she proceeds to tell me that someone she knows, who is due the day after me, had their baby on Saturday, so Kate could come any day. I get the intention. She wanted me to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

But here's the thing. This is not the first such story I have heard. In fact, a friend of ours has a friend who was due on my same date who also had her baby on Saturday. This made me excited. And then, disappointed when I immediately did not go into labor.

I am so ready to have this baby!!!!!!! And the more I hear about people who are supposed to have their babies when I do, but get blessed with being allowed to meet their child early, the longer it seems I have to wait and the more impatient I get. So, now I am finishing up my last week of long term lesson plans, hoping that maybe my daughter is just trying to be considerate and doesn't want me to be stressed about any lingering work. So now I have caused yet another issue, because I am sure I will finish the plans and then expect, as I said earlier, to immediately go into labor. Which, assuredly, will not happen.

In fact, I will not be surprised when I am one of those women who delivers 10 days late. My mom did with both my sister and I. Which is fine, I guess. I mean, its not like I am miserably uncomfortable, or its still unreasonably hot. In fact, I am actually at a rather pleasant point, unless I am trying to sleep. It's just that I feel like I have been pregnant forever, And I have so many questions about what she will be like. And I just want her to be here so I can meet her. Is that too much to ask?

Apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment