Friday, May 7, 2010

How I got pink slipped

So my boss and I have always had a pretty good relationship. We have similar personalities so we are able to joke and cut up and we laugh a lot. But seeing as we are both smart asses, we tend to push the limits and see just how far we can go. Sometimes, he likes to ask me where I will be working next year, and I respond with, obviously not here.

So a few weeks ago, he comes to tell us it is time to go to lunch. Only, when he calls my name, I think he is a student so I respond with, "Hold on." He calls my name again, and I say, "Clearly, I am busy right now." At which point, I hear a student say, "It's the principal." He responds with, "Clearly, but it is time to go to lunch." Needless to say, I turned bright red and the minute he left, I laid on the floor and sarcastically thanked the kids for having my back. Now, I have taken my share of ribbing for this incident, one for which I probably do deserve to be fired. But for the last week, I haven't heard much about it.

This morning, at our faculty meeting, it reared its ugly head. At the end of the meeting, the bossman hands out several awards and then proceeds to tell the story of my mouthyness to the entire faculty (much to my mortification) and then he awards with me with "The pink slip award: for having the uncanny ability to be fired multiple times a week and yet continue coming to work."

And that, my friends, is how I got the pink slip this fine Friday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment