Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Losin weight in 08. Er 09. Damn. I mean 2010.

So, when I had Kate in September I decided that I had 40 pounds from the baby and 20 pounds from life that just needed to go. Until now, it has been all diet and breastfeeding. I am proud to say that as of this week, I am officially at my pre-pregnancy weight. Woohooo!!!

Only now I am actually going to have to start working out to get to where I want to be. Chris told me to go ahead and throw a gym bag in the car and the nights he doesn't have calls I can stop at the gym as I pass it on the way home. Today was one of those days, but I was without my gym bag.

When I got home, Chris asked: Why didn't you pack a bag when I told you too?

Me: I don't know. I guess I just feel bad because you have Kate all day. It is selfish of me to be gone another hour.

Chris: It's okay. I told you to go.

Me: I feel guilty being away from Kate longer after being gone all day.

Chris: Don't feel guilty. Who doesn't want a hot wife.

Me: (silent)

Chris: I mean, you're already hot.

Me: Nice save, friend.

Then we both laughed. Because I know that he did not mean that even close to how it sounded. And he realized as soon as it came out, that was not what he had intended to say.

So, needless to say, my gym bag is packed and in the car. (Not really. That requires motivation.) I did get on the treadmill though. Score one for me.

Here is to getting skinny in 2010.

4 comments:

  1. Hilarious! You already look great but heres to being MORE fabulous in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers to that! :)
    Oh, and I think this summer can be spent walking and strolling with our bambinos at the park... sound like a plan?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You looked amazing at Christmas which means you look absolutely fabulous now :) KUDOS for all your hard work ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome that you are already back to your pre-pregnancy weight!!

    ReplyDelete